The University’s Media Office is the central point of contact for journalists seeking expert comment, information about research developments and other story ideas.
It also supports UWA staff throughout Australia and overseas in dealing with the media and promoting their research.
Media requests for comment from the Vice-Chancellor or the Executive should be directed to the UWA Media Team on (+61 8) 6488 3229 or (+61 4) 32 637 716.
The UWA Newsroom – includes media statements, feature stories, opinion pieces and the latest news from UWA:
You can subscribe to news from UWA by completing our online form, or you can use the RSS feed.
Information for the media
- Publications such as UWA in Brief and Unistats provide general information about the University.
- Find an expert
- The University’s experts directory contains a list of academic areas of expertise and researchers involved in those areas. For further information, contact the UWA Media Manager.
- Uniview – UWA’s alumni magazine and UWA Forward – UWA’s weekly e-bulletin is the source for corporate information for staff.
- The Conversation
- UWA is a founding member of The Conversation and contributes to public debate on important policy issue through their site.
- Join our Twitterfeed to find out the latest about UWA, its staff and students, events and research.
- Our YouTube channel is regularly updated with the latest research news, discussion and opinions presented by research staff and visiting academics and dignitaries. It also offers an insight into campus life and events in and around the university.