Asst/Prof Deena Ashoorian
Medicine and Pharmacology, School of, Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Anaesthesiology Unit
- Contact details
- School of Medicine and Pharmacology - Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Anaesthesiology Unit
The University of Western Australia (M315)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 7516
- +61 8 6488 7532
- Room G11, Curnow Building, Perth campus
- BPharm WAIT, PhD W.Aust.
- I am a local graduate with 25 years experience in community pharmacy. My prime interest is in pharmacy practice and the complexities of patient care especially communication with patients, carers and other health professionals. I am a mental health researcher and currently investigating the self-reported effects of medications and the importance/significance of these to patients. I am also an accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructor.
- Key research
- Communication and Mental Health
- Ashoorian D, Rock D, Davidson D, Clifford R. Re: Antipsychotic medication side effect assessment tools: A systematic review [Editorial]. Aust N Z J Psychiatry: Published ahead of print: 16 July 2016 (DOI: 10.1177/0004867416659542).
Ashoorian D, Davidson R, Rock D, Seubert L and Clifford RM. Development of the My Medicines and Me Questionnaire (M3Q) to improve communication in psychiatric medicine: a qualitative study. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice 2016; 24 (2): 35
Ashoorian D, Davidson R, Rock D, Dragovic M and Clifford RM. The My Medicines and Me Questionnaire (M3Q): Psychometric validation of a novel side effect communication tool. International Journal of Pharmacy Practice 2016; 24 (2): 5
Ashoorian D, Davidson R, Rock D, Dragovic M, Clifford R. A clinical communication tool for the assessment of psychotropic medication side effects. Psychiatry Res 2015; (230): 643-657.
Ashoorian D, Davidson R, Rock D, Seubert L, Clifford R. Development of the My Medicines and Me (M3Q) side effect questionnaire for mental health patients: a qualitative study. Ther Adv Psychopharmacol. 2015; 5(5): 289-303.
Ashoorian D, Davidson R, Rock D, Dragovic M, Clifford R. Construction and validation of the My Medicines and Me Questionnaire for assessment of the self-reported side effects of psychotropic medication. Int Clin Psychopharm. 2015; 30(4): 224-229.
Ashoorian D, Rock D, Davidson R, Gudka S, Clifford R. A review of self-report medication side effect questionnaires for mental health patients. Psychiatry Res 2014; (219): 664-673.
Ashoorian D, Salter S, Denton T, Nguyen F, Crisp L, Boase L, et al. The use of Enhancing Quality Use of Medication Self-Reported Questionnaire (EQUIM-SRQ) among mental health consumers: a pilot study. Austr Psychiatry. 2012; 20(4): 327-332.
- Funding received
- Pharmaceutical Society of Western Australia JM O’Hara Research Grant
The Mental Health Commission of Western Australia
Richmond Fellowship WA
- I am registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia. In addition, I hold registration with the California State Board of Pharmacy in the United States.
- Honours and awards
- 2014 recipient of the Innovator Pharmacist of the Year Award by the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (WA Branch)
- Research profile
Research profile and publications