Mr Grant Malcolm
Digital Channel Manager
Digital and Creative Services
- Contact details
- Digital and Creative Services
The University of Western Australia (M434)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 3461
- Personal homepage
- I was the first full time appointment engaged to look after the University's web presence. Since my appointment in 2001, the University Website Office has moved from being responsible for a few dozen web pages to managing several centrally supported web content management systems publishing hundreds of websites maintained by more than one thousand staff.
My passion for linking communications and technology began in my teens with publishing newsletters on an aging Gestetner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gestetner#Social_Effects). After graduating from UWA with a BA in English and Theatre Studies I commenced work at Edith Cowan University as langage laboratory assistant, subsequently computer technician/tutor. In the early nineties I lead the planning and implementation of an early interactive multimedia laboratory - a fifteen workstation facility used for computer assisted language learning.
I've since worked in promotions and marketing, volunteer recruiting and management, project managed the implementation of an 11,000 entry online database of community recreation activities, developed a programme for local government supporting the inclusion of people with disabilities, facilitated theatre workshops with people with disabilities, frail aged and youth at risk, directed more than fifty theatre productions and developed an active online community with 14,000 members that has been operating since 1998.
- Roles, responsibilities and expertise
- Broadly responsible for everything published under the University's name on the world wide web.
- Ein kleines bisschen Deutsch.
- Research profile
Research profile and publications