Dr Alice Devillers
Mathematics of Symmetry and Computation, Centre for the
- Contact details
- Centre for the Mathematics of Symmetry and Computation
The University of Western Australia (M019)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 3228
- +61 8 6488 1028
- Personal homepage
- Room 2.08, Mathematics Building, Perth campus
- PhD Libre de Bruxelles
- I was born in Belgium 1976. From 1994 to 1998, I studied mathematics at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. From October 1998 to January 2002, I was a PhD student in the Service de Géométrie of the Département de Mathématiques with a grant from the Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique. Since January 24, 2002, I am a doctor in science. From October 2002 to September 2003, I worked at Michigan State University with Professor Jonathan Hall, thanks to the Belgian American Education Foundation.
Then I was back in Brussels until 2008, as a Chargé de Recherche of the FNRS. After having visited Cheryl Praeger at UWA in 2006 and in 2007, I got a position at UWA as a Research Associate from September 2008 to September 2011, working with Prof. Praeger's team. I am also Collaborateur Scientifique at ULB.
- Key research
- Group theory
- Graph theory
- 1. A.Devillers and J.Doyen, Homogeneous and ultrahomogeneous linear spaces, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (A), 84, pp. 236-241 (1998).
2. A.Devillers, d-homogeneous and d-ultrahomogeneous linear spaces, Journal of Combinatorial designs, 8 (5), pp. 321-329 (2000).
3. A.Devillers, Ultrahomogeneous semilinear spaces, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, 84, pp.35-58, 2002.
4. A.Devillers, A classification of finite homogeneous semilinear spaces}, Advances in Geometry, 2(4), pp.307-328, 2002.
5. A.Devillers, Homogeneous and Ultrahomogeneous Steiner systems, Journal of Combinatorial Designs, 11(3), pp. 153-161 (2003).
6. A.Devillers, A classification of finite partial linear spaces with a primitive rank 3 automorphism group of almost simple type, Innovations in Incidence Geometry,2, pp. 131-177 (2005).
7. A. Devillers and J.I. Hall, Rank 3 Latin square designs, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (A), 113, pp. 894-902 (2006).
8. A. Devillers and H. Van Maldeghem, Partial linear spaces built on hexagons, European Journal of Combinatorics, 28(3), pp. 901-915 (2007).
9. A. Devillers and B. Muhlherr, On the simple connectedness of certain subsets of buildings, Forum Mathematicum 19, pp. 955-970 (2007).
10. A.Devillers, A classification of finite partial linear spaces with a primitive rank 3 automorphism group of grid type, European Journal of Combinatorics, 29(8), pp. 268-272 (2008).
11. A. Devillers, M. Giudici, C. H. Li and C. E. Praeger, Primitive decompositions of Johnson graphs, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (A) 115, pp. 925-966 (2008).
12.A. Devillers, M. Giudici, Involution graphs where the product of two adjacent vertices has order three, J. Aust. Math. Soc., 85(3) pp.
13 A. Devillers, M. Giudici, C. H. Li and C. E. Praeger, Some graphs related to the small Mathieu groups, to appear in European Journal of Combinatorics.
14. A. Devillers, R. Gramlich and B. Muhlherr, The sphericity of the complex of nondegenerate subspaces, to appear in Journal of the London Mathematical Society.
15. A. Devillers, B. Muhlherr and H. Van Maldeghem, Codistances of 3-spherical buildings, submitted.
- English and French
- Member of the European Math Society and Belgian Math Society.
- Previous positions
- Research Fellow of the FNRS (Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique): from 1998 to 2002.
Research Fellow of the BAEF, to do research with Jonathan Hall at Michigan State University: October 2002-September 2003.
Scientific Collaborator of the FNRS: October 2003-September 2004.
Research Assistant of the FNRS: October 2004-September 2007.
Scientific Collaborator of the F.R.S.-FNRS: October 2007-September 2008.
Research Associate at UWA: September 2008-September 2011.
- Current external positions
- Collaborateur Scientifique for the Mathematics Department at ULB.
- Current projects
- locally s-distance transitive graphs.
- Research profile
Research profile and publications