Dr Brett Montgomery
- Contact details
- General Practice
The University of Western Australia (M706)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 9346 2369
- Room G05, N Block, QEII Medical Centre, Caladenia Crescent, Nedlands
- MB BS MMedSc W.Aust., DCH, FRACGP
- Brett is a GP who divides his career between clinical practice and academic work. He completed his GP training in 2006, having begun his academic experience with an academic registrar position at UWA in 2004. He currently coordinates the General Practice teaching for 3rd year medical students. His Master of Medical Science thesis explored statin prescribing in Australia and Ireland.
- Research articles
Sharland E, Montgomery B, Granell R. Folic acid in pregnancy - is there a link with childhood asthma or wheeze? Aust Fam Physician. 2011 Jun;40(6):421-4.
Spurling GK, Mansfield PR, Montgomery BD, Lexchin J, Doust J, Othman N, Vitry AI. Information from pharmaceutical companies and the quality, quantity, and cost of physicians' prescribing: a systematic review. PLoS Med. 2010 Oct 19;7(10):e1000352.
Montgomery BD, Mansfield PR, Spurling GK, Ward AM. Do advertisements for antihypertensive drugs in Australia promote quality prescribing? A cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2008; 8: 167.
Ried K, Montgomery BD, Stock NP, Farmer EA. General practice research training: impact of the Australian Registrar Research Workshop on research skills, confidence, interest and involvement of participants, 2002-06. Family Practice 2008; 25(2): 119-26.
Mendelson RM, Montgomery BD. Towards appropriate imaging: tips for practice. Aust Fam Physician. 2016 Jun;45(6):391-5
Montgomery B. Does paracetamol cause hypertension? BMJ 2008; 336: 1190-1.
Doust J, Del Mar C, Montgomery BD, Heal C, Bidgood R, Jeacocke D, et al. EBM journal clubs in general practice. Aust Fam Physician 2008; 1/2: 54-56.
Montgomery BD, McMeniman E, Cameron SK et al. Sex, pain and cranberries - Ideas from the 2006 Registrar Research Workshop. Aust Fam Physician 2007; 36: 93-94.
Montgomery BD. Chronic paronychia: putting a finger on the evidence. Aust Fam Physician 2006; 35: 811-812.
Montgomery BD. ACP Journal Club. Pharmacist-physician hypertension comanagement reduced 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure. Ann Intern Med. 2011 Feb 15;154(4):JC2-9.
Montgomery B. Book review of "Therapeutic Guidelines: Cardiovascular – version 5". Aust Fam Physician 2009; 38: 64.
Montgomery B. Book review: Australian Medicines Handbook 2005. Australian Prescriber 2005; 28: 93.
Montgomery BD. Managing residual risk in patients receiving statin therapy. Med J Aust. 2010 Sep 20;193(6):375.
Montgomery BD, Sadler GM. Punch biopsy of pigmented lesions is potentially hazardous. Can Fam Physician 2009; 55(1): 24.
Montgomery BD. Why I love a free lunch: Free lunches are not the answer. BMJ 2008; 336: 1034.
Montgomery BD. Evidence-based case reports. Evid Based Med 2007; 12: 166.
Montgomery BD. Analgesic use and risk of hypertension: concern about bias. Arch Intern Med 2007; 167: 2368-2369.
Montgomery B. Prostate cancer. Aust Fam Physician 2007; 36: 888.
- Funding received
- PHCRED/UWA Researcher Development Program Fellowship 2007
- IMED5311/IMED5312 Integrated Medical Practice 2 - General Practice Term Coordinator
- Current external positions
- General Practitioner, East Fremantle Medical Centre, 12 Silas Street, East Fremantle
- Research profile
Research profile and publications