Dr Mark Edwards
Management and Organisations (UWA Business School)
- Contact details
- Management and Organisations (UWA Business School)
The University of Western Australia (M261)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 5869
- +61 8 6488 5554
- BSc GradDipPsych Curtin, MPsych PhD W.Aust.
- B.S. (Psych) PGGradip (Psych) Curtin, M.Psych PhD W.Aust.
- Key research
- Metatheoretical research
- Business ethics
- Organisational change
- Organisational sustainability
- Organisational wisdom
- Career 10 best
Lee, A. & Edwards, M.G. (2013) Marketing Strategies: A New Paradigm for Sustaining Forms of Marketing, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
Edwards, M.G. & Lee, A. & (2013) Marketing Strategy Case Book, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
Edwards, M.G. (2010) Organisational Transformation for Sustainability: An Integral Metatheory. Routledge: New York.
Journal articles (peer reviewed)
Edwards, M.G. (2013) Misunderstanding metatheorising, Systems Research and Behavioral Science, (accepted 10/4/2013). (ABDC ranking A)
Edwards, M.G. (2013) A Metatheoretical Evaluation of Chaordic Systems Thinking, Systems Research and Behavioral Science, (accepted 10/4/2013). (ABDC ranking A)
Edwards, M.G. & Kirkham, G. (2013) Situating ‘Giving Voice to Values’: A metatheoretical evaluation of a new approach to business ethics, Journal of Business Ethics (accepted 26/3/2013). (ABDC ranking A)
Chappell, S., Edwards, M. G. & Webb, D. (forthcoming) Sustaining Voices: Applying Giving Voice to Values to Sustainability Issues, Journal of Business Ethics Education. (ABDC ranking B)
Edwards, M.G. (2009a) An integrative metatheory for organisational learning and sustainability in turbulent environments. The Learning Organisation, 16, 3, 189-207.
Cacioppe, R. & Edwards, M.G. (2005a) Adjusting blurred visions: A typology of integral approaches to organisations, Journal of Organizational Change Management, 18, 3, 230-246.
Cacioppe, R. & Edwards, M.G. (2005b) ‘Seeking the holy grail of organisational development: A synthesis of Integral Theory, Spiral Dynamics, Corporate Transformation and Developmental Action Inquiry, Leadership and Organizational Development Journal, 26, 2, 86-105.
Edwards, M.G. 2013, Wisdom and Integrity: Metatheoretical Perspectives on Integrative Change in an Age of Turbulence in A Handbook of Practical Wisdom: Leadership, Organization and Integral Business Practice, W Küpers & D Pauleen, Gower, London, pp. 197-216.
Edwards, M.G. & Lee, A. (2013), 'Introduction', in Marketing Strategy Casebook, eds MG Edwards & A Lee, Cambridge University Press, Melbourne, pp. 1-8.
Edwards, M.G., Harrop, C. & Lee, A. (2013), 'Marketing for Transformational Futures: The Case of Marshalls PLC ', in A Marketing Strategies Casebook: Towards a New Paradigm, eds MG Edwards & A Lee, Cambridge University Press, Melbourne, pp. 75-108.
Edwards, M.G., Webb, D, Chappell, S & Gentile, M. (2012) Giving voice to values: A new perspective on ethics in globalised organisational environments. In Eds. C Wankel & Malleck. Ethical Models and Applications of Globalization: Culture, Socio-Political and Economic Perspectives. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing. Pp. 160-185.
- Future research
- Transdisciplinary appraoches to global challenges
Disability services and the implementation of Positive Behaviour Support theory
- Funding received
- Edwards, M.G., (2003), ‘A New Approach to Improving Education and Training Services for Tertiary Students with Disabilities’, Department of Education, Science and Training, available from: http://www.dest.gov.au/sectors/higher_education/publications_resources/eip/disability_service_provision/default.htm [Sept. 17, 2003].
Edwards, M.G. (2000), ‘Perceptions and awareness of disability among university reception staff’, Submission to the Vice Chancellor’s Initiative Fund, UWA, Student Services.
- Industrial relevance
- * Registered psychologist from 1995 - 2010
* Disability Services, research and development officer, program evaluation officer, disability services manager
* Teaching consultancy with John F. kennedy university 2009-2011
- Conversational German
- 2011 - Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
2010 - Academy of Management
2010– EGOS European Group for organizational Studies
1994–2009 Registered psychologist with the Psychologist’s Board of Western Australia
- Honours and awards
- Integral leadership Review (academic journal) 2010 Book of the Yesar Award for "Organizational Transformation for Sustainability: An Integral Metatheory" published by Routledge.
PhD thesis awarded with distinction, 2008
Whitfeld Fellowship Development Award, 2008
Award for Best Paper in Category: Integral Theory in Action Conference, 2008
UWA Postgraduate Research Travel Award: 2007, 2008
Australian Postgraduate Award: 2005-2007
University Postgraduate Award: 2004-2005
Association of Professional Futurists (APF) “Most Important Futures Works of 2008” for the special issue on Integral Futures of the journal “Futures” (Mark was a contributing author to this special issue).
- Previous positions
- 2009-2011 Adjunct Lecturer, John F Kennedy University, California USA
1992-2008 Disability Officer, University of Western Australia
1996-1998 Sessional lecturer/tutor in the School of Nursing, Curtin University of Technology
1990-1992 Research and Development Officer with Activ Foundation
1990–1991 Tutor for the School of Psychology, Curtin University of Technology
- Business Ethics for MBA and other postgraduate students
Organisational Change and Transformation for undergraduates
Metatheoretical research and meta-studies for postgraduate students John F. Kennedy university, California, USA.
- Current external positions
Currently member editorial board for “Integral Review” journal
- Research profile
Research profile and publications