Dr Matt Hipsey
Earth and Environment, School of
- Contact details
- School of Earth and Environment
The University of Western Australia (M004)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 3186
- +61 8 6488 1050
- Personal homepage
- BESc Murd., AssocDipMedLabTech Curtin, MEngSc W.Aust., PhD Adel.
- PhD, Environmental Biology (Water Quality), University of Adelaide.
MEngSc,Environmental Engineering (Hydro-climatology), University of Western Australia.
BSc(Hons), Environmental Science, Murdoch University.
AssDip, Medical Technology, Curtin University of Technology.
- Key research
- • Water quality
- • Ecohydrology
- • Modelling aquatic systems
- • River basin sustainability
- • Climate change impacts on water resources
- For an up to date list of my publications, please check the publications page of my research group website here.
Also, please visit my Google Scholar or ORCID
- • International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS)
• American Society for Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO)
• Australian Society of Limnology (ASL)
• International Environmental Modelling and Software Society (iEMSs)
• Global Lake Environmental Observatory Network (GLEON)
• International Association for Sediment-Water Science (IASWS)
• Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand (MSSANZ)
- Units I co-ordinate ((click here):
ENVT2251 Environmental Hydrology
ENVT3362 Environmental Modelling
Other units I contribute to:
ENVT4403 Coastal & Estuarine Processes
SCIE5500 Advanced Modelling
- Current external positions
- Editor: Hydrology and Earth System Sciences
Guest Editor: Environmental Modelling and Software special issue on Aquatic Ecosystem Models
Vice-President: IAHS International Commission on Water Quality (ICWQ)
- Useful links
- Aquatic Ecodynamics research group:
Terrestrial Ecosystem Research Initiative (TERI):
Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network (GLEON):
UWA Oceans Institute
- Current projects
- For an up to date list of projects, please check the projects page of my research group website here.
- Research profile
Research profile and publications