Professor Matthew Knuiman
Population and Global Health, School of
- Contact details
- School of Population and Global Health
The University of Western Australia (M431)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 1250
- +61 8 6488 1188
- BSc PhD W.Aust.
- BSc(Hons) Math Stats 1976; PhD Statistics 1983
Teaching and research biostatistican- epidemiologist at University of Western Australia since 1988.
- Key research
- Busselton Health Study
- Chronic diseases epidemiology
- Over 250 peer-reviewed publications.
See link for recent publications.
- Roles, responsibilities and expertise
- Biostatistics instructor
Head of Department/School 1998-2002 & 2008-2011
- Funding received
- Over 40 competitive research grants from NHMRC, Healthway and other funding agencies since 1990.
- Australasian Epidemiological Association
Statistical Society of Australia
Public Health Association of Australia
- Previous positions
- 1977-1983 Consultant statistician, tutor/lecturer and PhD candidate (University of Western Australia)
1984-1987 Assistant Professor in biostatistics (Harvard University and Dana Farber Cancer Institute))
- Units in biostatistics
- Current external positions
- Busselton Population Medical Research Institute (Board member)
- Research profile
Research profile and publications