Assoc/Prof Tanya Dalziell
Associate Professor (and Equity and Diversity Adviser)
English and Cultural Studies
- Contact details
- English and Cultural Studies
The University of Western Australia (M202)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 2120
- +61 8 6488 1030
- Room 1.15, Arts Building, Perth campus
- BA PhD W.Aust.
- Key research
- Twentieth century literature
- Postcolonial studies
- Cinema studies
- Australian literature and film
- Recent publications include:
Karen Welberry and Tanya Dalziell (eds), Cultural Seeds: Essays on the work of Nick Cave (Aldershot: Ashgate University Press, 2009) http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9780754663959
Tanya Dalziell, Kieran Dolin and Tony Hughes-d'Aeth (eds), Compulsory Screening (Special Issue), Studies in Australasian Cinema 3.1 (2009).
Tanya Dalziell, "No Place for a Book?: Fiction in Australia to 1890". The Cambridge History of Australian Literature, ed. Peter Pierce (Melbourne; Cambridge University Press, 2009), pp. 93-117.
- Honours and awards
- 2005 Walter McRae Russell Award, for the best book of literary scholarship on an Australian subject 2004-2005, Settler Romances and the Australian Girl (UWAP, 2004)
- I teach across a range of undergraduate, Honours and postgraduate areas including postcolonial literatures, gender theory, modernism, contemporary literatures, literary and cultural theory, and cinema studies.
I welcome the opportunity to work with PhD, MA and Honours candidates in the fields of twentieth-century literatures, modernism, Australian literature, postcolonial and transnational literatures, cinema and literary, gender and cultural theory.
- Research profile
Research profile and publications