Professor T Alex Reid
Computer Science and Software Engineering, School of
- Contact details
- School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
The University of Western Australia (M002)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 9345 0440 / +61 408 885 515
- +61 8 6488 1089
- Personal homepage
- Key research
- Middleware, Authentication models.
- Open Source Software model.
- IT Skills Literacy.
- Roles, responsibilities and expertise
- Management of IT, especially in a Distributed Environment.
Electronic Information and Libraries of the Future.
- Fellow, Australian Computer Society.
Fellow, British Computer Society.
Member, Association for Computing Machinery (USA).
- Honours and awards
- ACS(WA) Lecturer of the Year (1977).
ACS Case Study Prize (1978).
- Previous positions
- IT Policy Executive Officer, UWA (2000-2005).
Director, Oxford University Computing Services (1993-2000).
Professorial Fellow, Wolfson College, Oxford
- Professional Computing
- Current external positions
- Director, eResearch/Middleware, AARNet P/L
- Current projects
- National Middleware Agenda for Australia.
- Research profile
Research profile and publications