Dr Jing Yu
Accounting and Finance (UWA Business School)
- Contact details
- Accounting and Finance (UWA Business School)
The University of Western Australia (M250)
35 Stirling Highway
CRAWLEY WA 6009
- +61 8 6488 1759
- +61 8 6488 1047
- PhD Nan.Tech.
- In 2008, Jing Yu joined UWA Business School after Ph.D. study in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The focus of her thesis is on the differences in investment decisions across countries. Her current research areas include corporate governance, empirical microstructure and international finance.
- Recent Publications
- Sie Ting Lau and Jing Yu. 2010. Does Proximity Matter in International Bond Underwriting? Journal of Banking and Finance 34, 2027-2041.
- Jing Yu. 2011. Stock Price Informativeness and Corporate Governance: An Internatinal Study. International Review of Finance 11, 477-514.
- Tao Huang, Fei Wu, Jing Yu and Bohui Zhang. 2014. International Political Risk and Government Bond Pricing.Journal of Banking and Finance, Forthcoming.
- Sie Ting Lau, Keshab Shrestha, and Jing Yu. 2015. Corporate Governance and Information Content of Earnings Announcements: A Cross-Country Analysis. Contemporary Accounting Research, Forthcoming..
- Lilian Ng, Fei Wu, Bohui Zhang, and Jing Yu. Foreign Investor Heterogeneity and Stock Liquidity around the World. Review of Finance, forthcoming.
- Millicent Chang, Yvonne Yee Wen See, Xiaolin Qian, and Jing Yu. The Effect of Director Trading on the Information Environment: Information Asymmetry or Stock Price Informativeness. Australian Journal of Management, Forthcoming.
- Sie Ting Lau, Shrestha Keshab, and Jing Yu. 2013. Corporate Governance and the Information Content of Earnings Announcements: A Cross-country Analysis.
- Lilian Ng, Fei Wu, Jing Yu and Bohui Zhang. 2012. Foreign Investor Heterogeneity and Stock Liquidity Around the World. Availabile on SSRN: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1965021
- Kin-Yip Ho, Wai-Man Liu (Raymond) and Jing Yu. 2013. Public News Arrival and Cross-Asset Correlation Breakdown. Availabile on SSRN:http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2023079
- Hiroshi Moriyasu, Marvin Wee and Jing Yu. 2013. The Role of Algorithmic Trading in Stock Liquidity and Commonality in Electronic Limit Order Markets.
- Tao Huang, Fei Wu, Jing Yu, and Bohui Zhang. 2014. The Value Impact of Stock Liquidity: An International Evidence.
- Millicent Chang, Yvonne See and Jing Yu. 2014. The Effect of Director Trading on the Information Environment: Information Asymmetry or Stock Price Informativeness?
- CFA membership
- FINA2221 Introduction to Finance
- FINA2222 Corporate Financial Policy
- FINA4482 Advanced Corporate Finance
- FINA5635 Corporate Finance
- FINA8432 Introduction to Finance (for MPA postgraduates)
- CNOOC executive program
- Current projects
- Information Content of Earnings Announcements and Insider Trading Around the World
- Profitability of Insider Trading and Short Sales Activities
- Public News and International Capital Flows
- Sell-side Commonality in Liquidity
- Research profile
Research profile and publications