The University of Western Australia

How to apply for an APEC Business Travel Card

Ipsum Lorem

In order to ensure your application is processed in a timely manner, it is important that you complete the application as per the instructions.

The Process

UWA staff wishing to obtain an Economic Cooperation (APEC) Business Travel Card (ABTC) card need to fill out the online application form. From 1 July 2017, ABTC applications, renewals and passport updates for Australian citizen business people must be lodged electronically through ImmiAccount.

Staff then need to send the following documents to the Pro Vice-Chancellor International (PVCI)

  • Pdf version of application
  • Signed endorsement letter from Supervisor or Executive Dean, supporting your application and requirement to regularly travel to APEC economies on behalf of UWA.
  • Pre-filled Nomination Letter (to be later signed by Vice-Chancellor)

The PVCI will check each application to ensure it meets all eligibility requirements and is in line with the international strategic direction of the University.

The PVCI will then forward the Nomination Letter to the Vice-Chancellor for approval, and then return the signed letter to the applicant. The applicant will then use this to finalise their online application.


Please complete the payment details on the application form Part C page 3

For up-to-date information regarding APEC Business Travel Card costs, please refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's Schedule of charges (click on "APEC Business Travel Card costs").

Lodging your application

See details on page 2 of the Application Form

Endorsement of Application Form

Pro-forma nomination letter


This Page

Last updated:
Monday, 8 October, 2018 9:34 AM