The University’s Media Office is the central point of contact for journalists seeking expert comment, information about research developments and other story ideas.
The Media Office also supports UWA staff throughout Australia and overseas in dealing with the media and promoting their research.
Media requests for comment from the Vice-Chancellor or the Executive should be directed to the UWA Media Team on +61 08 6488 3229 or +61 432 637 716.
COVID-19 Expert Comment
Journalists and media outlets seeking expert comment can visit the UWA Media Research Experts Guide, which includes COVID-19 experts.
The UWA Newsroom – includes media statements, feature stories and the latest news from UWA.
You can subscribe to news from UWA by completing our online form.
Information for the media
- Find an expert
- The University’s Media Research Experts Directory is a resource for journalists and media outlets seeking UWA experts. Alternatively the UWA staff Contact Directory can be used to locate staff and researchers working at the University. For further information, contact the UWA Media Manager.
- Uniview – The magazine of The University of Western Australia.
- The Conversation
- UWA is a founding member of The Conversation and contributes to public debate on important policy issue through their site.
- Follow @UWAnews on Twitter to find out the latest about UWA, its staff and students, events and research.
- Our YouTube channel is regularly updated with the latest research news, discussion and opinions presented by research staff and visiting academics and dignitaries. It also offers an insight into campus life and events in and around the university.