The University of Western Australia is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on the UWA community.
On this page
COVID-19 update: Latest information as of Tuesday 23 February 2021
The University returned to pre-lockdown operations on Sunday 14 February. This means:
- Campus offices, teaching venues and research spaces have resumed pre lockdown activities
- Students, staff and visitors are not required to wear a mask when coming on to campus
- Library access has resumed for staff and students as per pre-lockdown arrangements that were in place on 31 January
Information surrounding coronavirus health advice is dynamically changing and the information on this page may change at short notice
UWA students: Please check your student email accounts for the latest advice.
Current information for staff can be found on the Staff Intranet home page.
The University continues to monitor the situation closely and will continue to provide advice, care and support to our community and follow all directives by the WA Department of Health and Government agencies. For information regarding COVID-19 testing, please visit the WA Government website
This is a rapidly developing situation and it will continue to be closely monitored by the University. UWA has a response team in place and we are taking active, precautionary measures to adapt our response measures as needed.
These FAQs will be updated as new information comes to hand and we will support our students and staff, in Australia and overseas as this situation unfolds.Updated: 23 Feb 2021 9:29am
View staff and student messages from UWA in response to COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Visit the Students website for information on library, IT, financial and wellbeing support throughout COVID-19.
- Contact your Student Advising Office via askUWA.
- Contact Student Wellbeing on 6488 2423 for advice on study, emergency financial and housing options and other support.
- Contact the University Library for assistance from specialist librarians and IT staff.
- If you are studying remotely and require IT support, call +61 8 6488 7335.
- If you are a prospective student, there are multiple ways to contact us for advice.
- If you are a current staff member, visit the Staff Intranet to find contact details for HR, IT, Campus Management, the Educational Enhancement Unit and other areas.
- If you are a prospective staff member, please email [email protected].
- Please contact the event organiser or venue for any event-specific enquiries.
The situation surrounding coronavirus health and travel advice is dynamically changing and the above information may change at short notice.