The University of Western Australia is closely monitoring developments surrounding COVID-19 and its impact on the UWA community.
On this page
COVID-19 update 23 April 2021
As per WA State Government directives, the Perth Metropolitan and Peel regions will enter lockdown from midnight Friday 23 April until midnight Monday 26 April. All UWA campuses including Crawley, Nedlands and QEII campuses will be closed down as part of the lockdown.
Masks must be worn at all times from 6pm Friday 23 April.
The University’s COVID Critical Incident Management team has been activated and will continue to provide regular updates to the UWA community.
Information surrounding coronavirus health advice is dynamically changing and the information on this page may change at short notice.
UWA students: Please check your student email accounts for the latest advice.
Current information for staff can be found on the Staff Intranet home page.
The University is continuing to monitor the situation closely and will continue to provide advice, care and support to our community and follow all directives by the WA Department of Health and Government agencies. For information regarding COVID-19 testing, please visit the WA Government websiteUpdated: 23 Apr 2021 5:21pm
View staff and student messages from UWA in response to COVID-19
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Visit the Students website for information on library, IT, financial and wellbeing support throughout COVID-19.
- Contact your Student Advising Office via askUWA.
- Contact Student Wellbeing on 6488 2423 for advice on study, emergency financial and housing options and other support.
- Contact the University Library for assistance from specialist librarians and IT staff.
- If you are studying remotely and require IT support, call +61 8 6488 7335.
- If you are a prospective student, there are multiple ways to contact us for advice.
- If you are a current staff member, visit the Staff Intranet to find contact details for HR, IT, Campus Management, the Educational Enhancement Unit and other areas.
- If you are a prospective staff member, please email [email protected].
- Please contact the event organiser or venue for any event-specific enquiries.
The situation surrounding coronavirus health and travel advice is dynamically changing and the above information may change at short notice.