A Privacy Collection Notice is to inform the individual of the intended use of their Personal Information.
A Privacy collection notice may include:
- The primary purpose for which the Personal Information is collected.
- Any law that requires the particular Personal Information to be collected.
- The main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the Personal Information is not provided.
- To whom generally (the types of individuals or organisations) the Personal Information will be disclosed to.
- The rights that the individual may exercise over the Personal Information they have provided.
- The contact details of the University’s Privacy Office should an individual wish to discuss the collection, use and / or storage of the Personal Information.
UWA currently has two collection notices
- Student Collection Notice applying to personal information collected from students by UWA; and
- Staff Collection Notice applying to personal information collected from employees by UWA.
These Privacy collection notices are continually being reviewed and improved and changes to these may occur from time to time. We will endeavour to inform you of substantive changes to these Privacy collection notices or our Policy. However changes will be made without notice when necessary to reflect changes in relevant laws or to internal working practices.
We encourage you to regularly review these statements for updates (last change to these statement were made of the 25th November 2019).